When a procuring activity contracting officer indicates his or her formal intent to award a procurement requirement, 13 CFR 124.502- 3 (c), as an 8(a) contract by submitting a written offering letter to SBA. The letter to SBA may be by electronic mail or by facsimile, as well as by mail or commercial delivery service.
An offering letter must contain the following information:
- A description of the work to be performed.
- The estimated period of performance.
- The SIC (NAICS) code that applies to the principal nature of the acquisition.
- The anticipated dollar value of the requirement, including options, if any.
- Any special restrictions or geographical limitations on the requirement.
- The location of the work to be performed for construction procurements.
- Any special capabilities or disciplines needed for contract performance.
- The type of contract to be awarded, such as Firm Fixed Price, Cost Reimbursement, or Time & Materials.
- The acquisition history, if any, of the requirement. If no history, it must say “New” requirement.
- The names and addresses of any small business contractors that have performed on this requirement during the previous 24 months.
- A statement that prior to the offering, no solicitation for the specific acquisition has been issued as a small business set-aside, or as a small, disadvantaged business set-aside, if applicable. And, that no public communication (such as sam.gov) has been made showing the procuring activity’s clear intent to use any of these means of procurement.
- Identification of any specific participant that the procuring activity contracting officer nominates for award of a sole source 8(a) contract.
- Bonding requirements, if applicable.
- Identification of all participants that have expressed an interest in being considered for the acquisition.
- Identification of all SBA field offices, which have requested that the requirement be awarded through the 8(a) BD Program.
- A request, if appropriate, that a requirement whose estimate contract value is under the applicable competitive threshold, be awarded as an 8(a) competitive contract.
- Any other information that the procuring activity deems relevant or which SBA requests.
SBA Point of Contact for Direct Award Contracts
Business Opportunity Specialist
U.S. Small Business Administration
Richmond District Office
400 N 8th St #1150
Richmond, VA 23219
Tel: (804) 418-0839
Joint Venture Information
Company Name: Defense Warriors Government Solutions, LLC
Cage code: 8F7M5
Address: 2011 Queen Street
Portsmouth, VA 23704
Point of contact: Jarred Garoppo
Phone number: (801) 389-5258
Fax Number: (877) 398-3877
E-mail address: email@example.com
8(a) JV Certification: September 29, 2021
Socioeconomic data: SBA 8(a) / SDB, SDVOSB, and VOSB
System for Award Management (SAM): Registered
STARS III Government wide Acquisition Contract
Defense Warriors Government Solutions, LLC (DWGS pronounced “dogs”), received notification of award from the General Services Administration (GSA), for the 8(a) STARS III Governmentwide Acquisition Contract (GWAC). DWGS was selected to receive a first-phase award. The GSA 8(a) STARS III GWAC competitive award provides DoD and Federal Agencies with faster access to highly adaptive and customized information technology services from a small pool of highly qualified contractors.
DWGS combines two SBA-approved ALLSMALLMPP firms, Timitron Corporation (Protégé) and Datum Government (Mentor) Solutions.
8(a) STARS III, a small business set-aside GWAC, provides flexible access to customized IT solutions from a large, diverse pool of 8(a) industry partners. This next-generation GWAC builds upon the framework of 8(a) STARS II.
The 8(a) STARS III GWAC ordering period is a five-year base with one three-year option. This ordering period began on July 2, 2021.
The ceiling for 8(a) STARS III is $50 billion.
8(a) STARS III allows for fixed price, time and materials, labor-hour or a hybrid blend of these task order types.
The contract access fee for the 8(a) STARS III GWAC is .75%, the same as GSA Schedules.
This contract also includes two additional sub-areas, Emerging Technology and OCONUS requirements.
Website: 8(a) STARS III
Master Contract Number: 47QTCB21D0022
Christina Eberdt – (334) 318-4633, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jovel Green- (917) 806-6649, email@example.com
STARS III Group- firstname.lastname@example.org